This is a song I wrote for my Song Writing class a few months ago. The assignment was to write a nerdy love song. I think I got an A, but I can't recall. In any case, this is what I wrote.
----
Excuse me, there, MichaelI couldn't help but notice your outfit
it's fantastic today
I set an alarm on my power rangers wristwatch
so I wouldn't forget that I had to be there
when you were leaving work
there's something I've been meaning to ask you
hey Mikey, can we go to the Sadie Hawkens dance?
If you don't want to, then I'll understand
but if you like me, then come take my hand
and if you'll love me then I'll never play Guitar Hero again.
I know you don't drink coffee but I'll buy you hot chocolate instead
I heard you like comics, I've got a bunch we can read
when we're stretched out on my Ninja Turtles bedspread
we can watch cats on youtube
or watch me solve my rubik's cube in two minutes
hey Mikey, can we go to the dance?
If you don't want to, then I'll understand
but if you like me, then come take my hand
and if you'll love me then I'll never play Mario again.
it's ok if you don't want to go
there will be no hard feelings, this I can tell you
but in my dreams, I think you should know
We've been dancing, quite awkwardly, to the theme song from Zelda
Hey.... Hey.... Hey Michael.

No comments:
Post a Comment