13 July 2008

F.M.L.

Note to self: not every starbucks is set up the same way.

I started picking up shifts at the starbucks located around the corner from my house, and had a premeditated agenda to transfer from Easton.  Nothing is set in stone yet, and thank GOD!  Today was my first shift, and was one of the worst days I have had since living out East.

1) The store is so small that things are compacted into weird places and strategically hidden to eliminate clutter.  So I couldn't find ANYTHING to save my soul, not to mention the balancing act when trying to fill drip coffee.

2) Some of the employees are complete dick-wads and gave no consideration to the fact that I was unfamiliar with their entire system.  Not to mention the general potency of cockyness in the air.  It was very unwelcoming. 

3) From open to close, Easton has a good day if they have a deposit of $2,000.  Annapolis.... they were at $17,000 when I left at 11:30AM.  Aka: WAY TO BUSY!!!!!!!!  I can't even being to explain how flustered everything god.  UGH!!!!!

(disclaimer: there were a few nice people that I can see myself getting along with; however, when someone is an ass, it sadly out-weighs the positives of the others)

---

In other news:

NHLC was last week.  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!!!!  It took 2 years of traveling all over the country, verbal disagreements, countless laughs, countless tears and redundant organization... but, it was more than worth it.

For those who are unaware, I was voted onto the Happening National Committee (HNC) in 2006 at Ryder University in Newark, New Jersey.  HNC is a 2 year term, and essentially oversees the Happening program, internationally.   They also plan the bi-annual  leadership conference.  Without going into too much detail, it was a huge honor.

  Pictures are posted on my facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment