31 August 2007

What I am.

In all honesty, it's not often I am told that I can't do something. When I was 10 years old, and at my peak of being a tom-boy I wanted to play football. So my mom let me play. When I was 11 I wanted to learn to snowboard.. she, again, let me. And when I turned 14 guitar was craft at choice. Nothing ever stopped me from doing whatever hobby God instilled in my head. Sure, reticule came along with this free will, and often I was told that girls shouldn't play football, snowboard or even touch a guitar. Well, they were right about one thing: girls and football do not mix. But the other two.. take a number chump.

Now I am 19 years old with the entire world ahead of me. At first, I thought my calling was to teach and work with Special Education students. After servicing to youth ALL summer long, I decided attend a seminary, and see where life takes me. I would be in charge/ control of a church.. at least 50/50 with God.. be able to write, and speak the word of God. Wow.. that's everything I ever I wanted in life. It's like.. a dream come true! My ultimate goal in life is to become a priest.

Ya' know.. I told a few of my friends this.. they think I'm crazy. But more than this.. they laughed in my face.
Just because the Episcopal religion is a little more laced than others, does not mean that I cannot become.

As for now, I am going to give life 100%. No more 90=80%. I'm going to be my own Church one day.. and everyone that turned their nose at me is going rejoice gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment