04 September 2007

Here we go..

This morning I took Ben to the college to show him where his class was. As we're walking into the building he goes "I hope this isn't like high school. I HATED high school."

The second we walk in, there is a group of 7-10 people all congagating by the doors. Ben stopped dead in his footsteps when he realized that every person in that group graduated from Mona Shores last year. They saw my brother and started snickering to each other like they were all high and mighty... exact situation that probably would have occurred in high school. About an hour later I am talking to my old instructor in the Stevenson Center when four of the people walk out of the same classroom.

So here's my point:
Understandably, it's every one's first day back. Everything is new, so finding someone familiar is probably comforting; however, why in the hell would you take the same classes? Branch out, meet new people! Isn't that kind of what going to college is about? They're not always going to be able to associate themselves with a clique, and sooner or later, they'll realize how ridiculous it all is.

*whew*

No comments:

Post a Comment