17 December 2009

There is no greater therapy than a blank canvas

"Mile after mile of crumbling roads spread across this nation just like veins.
They keep moving me through,
Keep pushing me away from him and towards lonely beds and long cold days."


So let's beat the grapevine to the punch:  Mike cheated on me.  He cheated and he doesn't even feel bad about it.  At least, all speculations point to carelessness.  Mike cheated on me with his ex girlfriend whom is presently married.  She's the bride of another man, and I caught her with my boyfriend.

I feel if I say it enough times, it will somehow make everything feel better.  Like getting a tattoo: it's only painful the first 2,000 times the needle hits your skin.  After that, you kind of go numb.  I guess at this point I'm aiming for numb.  

Yesterday I was forced out of the house by a 4:00 doctor's appointment.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't stop by Ram's Head for Long Island ice tea before my appointment.  Nonetheless, to add insult to injury, I have an ear infection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment