08 February 2009

Turning of pages

After almost 6 months, I have decided to go back to the one thing I know will never leave me nor let me down:  art.  This past year has been both trying and life changing.  For example:

My relationship:
1 hour to the date, I had my first real date with my current boyfriend, Mark.  Perhaps I should have jotted down our relationship mile stones as they complied; however, I got lost in the many aspects of a new relationship, and apologize to myself daily for that.

My location:
Everyday I learn something new about my surrounding.  Annapolis is not a large place, granted.  Rather, complex in detail.  I want to know all the hot spots, locals, and historical monuments.  To date, I am sub-par on all topics.  But I like to think the knowledge will, now, come with time. 

My career:
I won't ever quit until I hit the top.  Most people know this about me, and I have yet to tag it as a positive or negative personality detail.  Whether it's Starbucks, Youth Ministry or education, I strive to be on top.  This, as you can imagine, causes many speed bumps within my social life and over all hinders my above distraction.  

Do you see the constant cycle in which my mind is always going? 

To those who are unaware, a few weeks ago I underwent yet another surgery on my left ankle.  I have been laid up and almost completely immobile, independently.  It is frustrating, and every time I have an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon, there is "another problem."  Whether it be my initial appoint where my stress test was "surprisingly discouraging," or my most resent appointment when the stitches were ready to come out.

In any case, I believe it's time I go back to what truly makes me happy, and that I can get lost in for hours and hours.  It's time I get to enjoyment and self fulfillment.

Keep your eyes open for more to come.  I look forward to sharing my thoughts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment