17 October 2007

My cousin Kim always had my back. She knew just what to say when I needed to hear it. Or better wet, she said what needed to be said even when I didn't WANT to hear it. Kim was a daughter, wife, mother, aunt among many other things. I can still remember the day when she found out she was having twins. Ha. She was FREAKING out!! I laughed. Just because I knew she was the problem child growing up and it was just ironic. But when Samanatha and Taylor were born, they were her life through and through. She even quit working for the family business to become a full time mother; and, for the first 4 years, she LOVED it.

Kim's life changed when she was diagnosed with cancer. At one point things were going crazy well. She was moving around, and even getting hair back. But an unexpected stroke set her back a bit.

It has been exactly one year, today, that I lost my cousin and best friend, Kim, to the battle.
I am not here to tell her story or speak for her expeience... but her experience is a strong one, and one I miss her more and more everytime I look at the family picture.

Kim- We're taking good care of Sammie and Taylor. They look more like you each time I see them. Love you, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment