28 August 2007

Decisions

This summer was filled with unforgettable experiences, one of them being Camp Adventure (Crossroads For Youth).

My goal for summer 2007 was to work at a summer. I began my quest by filling lengthy online appications and filling in my limited experience. Around April or May I was offered at job at Camp Maplehurst. Without going into explicit detail, the establishment did deal me the right cards; therefore I cashed out without fair warning.

Upon my return home, I found myself in almost a desperate state to find a new camp location. I had little care of what the camp was about or where it was. I needed to explore my outter suroundings, and let's just be hoenst, being explorative in Muskegon, Michigan is as close to an obxmoron as one ca get.

Within a week or two of my aburpt departure from Maplehurst, I stumbled across Camp Adventure (Crossroads for Youth). I was offered a face-to-face interview close to the following day, and I was off to Oxford, Michigan, before anyone even knew I had terminated my contract from Maplehurst. The following day, I recieved an e-mail from Erik, the Camp Director. I was hired, and was to repot that Sunday.

To make a long story short:
Camp Adventure was amazing. I made two AMAZING (to say the least) friends that have made a major indent in my life. I cannot even being to tell you, the reader, how much Erin Gavin and Erik truly mean to me, the entire camp and the program included.

So I don't really know where this was going becides the explination of how much those two individules mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment