06 July 2007

It's not over until it's the end.


This evening at approx. 9:15, my best friends (Tyler Cebulla, Amelia Reelman and Laura Ritter) were playing on the swings at Ross Park elementary school. We reflected on the old playground days, and explained where each one of us hung out, or didn't, for that matter.

Remember the steal slide that all the cool kids used to glide down in the winter because of the ice that formed? Disappointingly, the steal material has been replaced with plastic, and Amelia needed to do a test drive. You know, to see if it was up to par.

First Laura got off her swing and proceeded to the new location (the slide), Amelia followed suite, and four or five pases behind was Tyler. I sat for a moment and watched. I slowly saw myself disapearing from the group (kind of like the final scene in the movie The Sand Lot).

We are four kids from all walks of life. I would never have guessed in a million years that I would call Tyler Cebulla at 1:00 in the morning in tears, and expect total emotional support. Never would I guess that Laura Ritter could would call me 57 times a day (when she KNOWS) I am busy, and leave a voice mail every time, so I will have something to look forward to. And never would I have guessed that Amelia would laugh at my corny jokes, and tell me that I am straight up retarded.

These four people have truly been a blessing sent from God, and as I depart for Camp Maplehurst on Sunday, the realization that I will always have these kids makes me happier than ever.


"We're not sarcastic, we're hilarious. We're not annoying, we're just cooler than you. We're not jerks, we just don't like you. We're not obsessed, we're just best friends!"


No comments:

Post a Comment