06 July 2007

Details are small.

Having no idea what this blog will entail, I often find it therapeutic to write the first thoughts that come to mind. More often than not I "black book" the pieces of scribble, but I came to the conclusion that other's should have a crack at judging sanity.

So here we go.

Over the years I have had those nights I dreamt of, staring into the blackness knowing that it was staring back at me. Those thousands of silhouettes I had always hoped would show up often do now. Some nights I look out at them, at you, half-lit and singing and it's like I'm fulfilling some destiny ; other times, I'm as lost as anyone, wishing I could just make these sounds in the dark, talking, waiting, whispering, playing.

I am lucky. I did not choose this life it chose me. It..s strange like that. Not picking my path, but rather easing into the water and letting it carry me where it will. Yes, there will be nights where I feel like my destiny is at my fingertips and there will be nights I wish the lights were off and I could just make these sounds in the dark. Still, I will always be there, wherever there might be, staring into the blackness hoping the blackness stares back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment