02 April 2009

day 2

Orthopedic appointment (2rd post op) was today.  Who has two thumbs and NOT cleared to go back to work until April 14th?  This Chick.  It's frustrating to have progressed so rapidly since January, only to be looked in the eye by two professional surgeons and be told, "You're not ready yet."  Not to mention, the main guy that operated on my foot is my neighbor and he sees me riding my bike downtown, and talking walks alllll the time.  OK, I feel better now that I got that out of my system.

Second appointment was my GI doctor to do an evaluation of my antacid medication.  I'll spare you the details, but my buddy, The Gull Bladdar, needs to get popped out.  Apparently having radiation at the age of 15 does not help your digestive track very much.  Thanks for the tip, Doc!

I made note of being the only person in the waiting room who isn't collecting a 401k.  Hell, at this rate, the only 401k I trust at this point is located between in insulation of my wall, and the plaster.  Silly government economics.  


At any rate, I apologize for the melancholy demeanor.  But I feel fine on the outside, and these dudes in white coats continue to find a new medication to put me on, or a preventative test to run.  
Sorry.. end rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment